Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Critters, Fleas and Me

Well all the critters got their bath and needless to say I am just as soaked as they were. Sissy (12 yr old chihuahua) does awesome she just stands there in the sink and gets it done. Sara (8 yr old toy poodle) absolutely hates it, she had a bad experience as a puppy at a groomer and it has scarred her for life. She is terrified of getting a bath. So its always a challenege to get her done. But I did it and I got just as wet as she did.



Jethro (6 mo old toy aussie) did great. Even tho I let him soak while I worked the Neem shampoo in really good. I love the pet shampoos with neem citrus in them, it really gets them fleas. This year has been horendus for fleas in our area. And the closer to the ground the dogs are the more they seem to really like them. My friend, Jillybean, found a flea remedy on line with lemons and water. Boil one lemon to one pint of water bring to a boil let cool and put in a spray bottle. Well let me tell ya on top of normal flea treatments it works great. The dogs aren't digging at their sides and chewing here and there. It seems to get rid of the fleas as well as soothe their skin. Needless to say I will be adding this to the flea treatments for my babies.

Way to go Jillybean......and thanks for finding it.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I am so glad you like it...AND it is chemical free so it is so much better for our little critters.

    Jillybean
    www.thepost-itplace.com

    ReplyDelete